Watching the Snowman Rally is a thrilling experience and one of the best ways to experience the sport’s sights, sounds and smells first-hand.
Motorsport UK and event organisers strive to keep spectators safe but ultimately all spectators are responsible for their own personal safety.
For 90 minutes prior to the first competitor, the stage is prepared and checked by a convoy of safety cars to ensure that the stage is ready and safe to run. Only when they are satisfied that the stage is ready will they allow it to start. When you see a rally car with ‘0’ on the side then the competitors will be along in about 5 minutes.
Here are some tips that spectators should remember at the Snowman Rally:
· Always keep your own safety in mind and that of others.
· Park in a safe place in one of the organised car parks
· Stay within the official spectator areas
· Do NOT enter any prohibited areas. They are prohibited for a reason
· Keep off the road. There are designated spectator walkways for your safety
· Please make sure you dress to take full account of the weather. Remember to wear sturdy footwear for typical forest conditions.
· Children should always be accompanied by an adequate number of adults at all times, who are responsible for their behaviour and safety
· Do NOT take dogs into the stages
· No smoking in the forest and please do not take any alcohol with you
· Do NOT take or fly drones in the stages
· Follow marshal’s instructions. Marshals and officials have the right to work without being abused or threatened. Abusive, threatening or violent behaviour towards officials (who are all volunteers) will not be tolerated
· Listen to official announcements
· Observe and obey all event signs
· EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED
In the woods remember:
· Cars may run wide on corners
· Cars may cut corners
· Cars may throw up stones
· Cars may overshoot junctions
· Cars may leave the road
· EXPECTED THE UNEXPECTED
So, let’s have fun but stay safe!