Arnold Clark Jurys Inn
18th February 2017
Congratulations to David Bogie and Kevin Rae - winners of the 2017 Arnold Clark Jurys Inn Snowman Rally
Picture courtesy of www.lindsayphotosport.co.uk
To All Volunteer Marshals
On behalf of Highland Car Club and the Snowman Rally, thank you all sincerely for your hard work and
professionalism throughout the 2017 Snowman Rally. The event ran smoothly despite one or two hiccups
on the later stages, and you and your colleagues have been highly praised by competitors, organisers,
observers and spectators alike. The weather was kind to us this year, which hopefully made your day more
enjoyable (or less awful!).
One new challenge for 2017 was the introduction of compulsory marshal accreditation, and we are delighted
that so many of you rose to the challenge, signed up and passed. If you have yet to do this, go get it done!
With your help we have pushed marshalling standards to a new high, which bodes well for future events in
this year’s calendar and beyond.
The marshals’ prize draw took place at the Snowman review meeting on Monday 27th February, and the
winners are as follows:
1. Snowman Rally Jacket, size M (can change it) Andy Tait, Dingwall
2. £25 Sausage & Bacon Breakfast Pack I McCutcheon, Hawick
3. £50 High Street Vouchers Sandra MacKenzie, Perth
4. Snowman Rally Jacket, size XL (can change it) Susan Moir, Inverness
5. £50 Scotch Beef Steak Pack Fraser Wenseth, Dinnet
6. £70 Cash Award, courtesy of Ivor Clark’s 70th birthday Derek Forsyth, Conon Bridge
7. £50 Cash Award, for Brian Hodgson’s 50th birthday Ronnie Gillespie, Elgin
8. £43 Cash Award, the age of Ivor’s Hillman Avenger Vicky Lang, Braemar
9. X-cam Quadcopter Drone, courtesy of Quintin Milne Rory MacIntosh, Culloden
With grateful thanks,
Charlie Munro & Wilma Davidson
Our next marshalling adventure is the Border Counties Rally on Saturday 18th March. Why not make a
weekend of it and come with us? The action starts on the Friday evening!